Welcome to SCIHRA Online, owned and produced by the South Central Indiana Human Resource Association (SCIHRA). Our website is available to all visitors, although some content and features are restricted to SCIHRA members.
Throughout SCIHRA Online, there are forms for visitors to request information, products, and services. These forms may ask for contact information (such as your phone number or e-mail address), unique identifiers (usually your SCIHRA membership number, if one is available), financial information (such as your credit card number), or demographic information (for example, your age, location, PHR/SPHR designation, etc.). Contact information from these forms is used to provide the products, promotional materials, or memberships that you request. Forms on our site that request financial information do so in order to bill you for products or services ordered. Unique identifiers (specifically, your SCIHRA member number) are collected from website visitors to verify the user's identity for access to restricted content or features on the site.
- What information of yours does SCIHRA Online collect?
- What are "cookies" and how does SCIHRA use them?
- What organization collects the information and who has access to it?
- How does SCIHRA use the information it collects?
- How can you modify your SCIHRA member information?
- What is the opt-out policy for SCIHRA Online?
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
- How does SCIHRA Online use bulletin boards, discussion lists, and moderated chats?
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to:
The South Central Indiana Human Resource Association, PO Box 1884, Bloomington, Indiana 47402
1. What information of yours does SCIHRA Online collect?
Our goal is to become your destination for SCIHRA-related information by providing information, services, and product offerings that are most relevant to you in the most convenient way. To achieve this goal, SCIHRA Online collects information about site visitors.
Information collected online is usually defined as being either anonymous or personally identifiable.
Anonymous information refers to data that cannot be tied back to a specific individual. SCIHRA collects some information each time a visitor comes to a SCIHRA website, so we can improve the overall quality of the visitor's online experience. For example, SCIHRA collects the visitor's IP address, browser, and platform type (e.g., a Netscape browser on a Windows platform). Gathering this data helps us to learn what browsers we need to support. Other anonymous information helps us determine what sections of SCIHRA Online are most popular and how many visitors come to our site(s). You do not have to register with SCIHRA Online before we can collect this anonymous information.
Personally identifiable information refers to data that tells us specifically who you are (e.g., your name and postal address). You are only required to provide such information if you want to take advantage of optional products and services provided through our website(s).
SCIHRA collects personal information in the following ways from different parts of its website(s):
- SCIHRA Membership Applications: You are sharing personally identifiable information, including your name and mailing address, with us when you join SCIHRA or renew your SCIHRA membership through our website(s).
- Other Registration: You may be asked for personal information when registering for specific services. For example, if you subscribe to an e-mail newsletter, you will be asked to provide your e-mail address.
- Online Purchases: We also ask for personal information when you make a purchase using the SCIHRAStore or when you subscribe to a SCIHRA publication through our website. The number and variety of useful services on SCIHRA Online that may require collection of personally identifiable information will continue to grow in the future.
2. What are "cookies" and how does SCIHRA use them?
- Identify return visitors. Cookies let us remember your web browser so we can provide personalized member services such as My SCIHRA and SCIHRA search agents. Cookies also allow us to identify SCIHRA members who are returning to the site, so you will not have to re-enter a member ID and password the next time you visit.
3. What organization collects the information and who has access to it?
Data collected through SCIHRA's website(s) is generally collected and maintained solely by SCIHRA. More specifically:
- Personally identifiable information. When you provide personally identifiable information on SCIHRA Online to register for a service, buy a product, or take advantage of a promotion, that information is collected and maintained solely by SCIHRA, unless specifically stated otherwise at the point of collection. SCIHRA will inform you at the point of collection if your personal data is being shared with another organization. If you do not want to share your information with that company, you can choose not to use that service.
If you join SCIHRA or renew your membership through our website, you provide personally identifiable information on the membership application.
SCIHRA does not sell member e-mail addresses to third-parties.
- Anonymous information. We disclose to third-party sponsors/advertisers aggregate statistics (i.e., impressions and click-throughs on a company's advertisement). Also, we may share aggregate website statistics with the media or other third parties. No personally identifiable information is disclosed to these sponsors/advertisers or other third parties as part of this process-only information in an aggregate form.
4. How does SCIHRA use the information it collects?
SCIHRA collects information to provide you with the services you request and to improve our website(s).
If you join SCIHRA or renew your SCIHRA membership through our website(s), we use the personally identifiable information you provide in the membership application to send you SCIHRA publications, information about member benefits and special offers, and other information that SCIHRA believes is relevant and useful to its members.
SCIHRA does not sell member e-mail addresses to third-parties.
As mentioned above, SCIHRA uses the aggregate, anonymous data collected to let our sponsors/advertisers know the number of impressions or views and the number of "click throughs" on their advertisement(s). SCIHRA also uses this aggregate, anonymous data to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our site visitors; to measure user interests regarding specific areas of the SCIHRA Online; and to analyze how and where best to use our resources. Without such data, we would not know which parts of SCIHRA Online are the most popular, and we would not be able to change and update the content and services appropriately.
SCIHRA may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide information on individual users to the appropriate governmental authorities. In matters involving a danger to personal or public safety, SCIHRA may voluntarily provide information to appropriate governmental authorities.
5. How can SCIHRA members modify their personal information?
SCIHRA members have the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided.
Send mail to the following postal address:
SCIHRA, PO Box 1884, Bloomington, Indiana 47402
Call: 703/548-3440 or 800-283-7476.
6. What is the opt-out policy for SCIHRA Online?
SCIHRA provides members and customers the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners. If you no longer wish to receive specific communications or services, you have the following options:
You can send an e-mail to: email@example.com
You can send mail to the following postal address: SCIHRA, PO Box 1884, Bloomington, Indiana 47402
Instructions for opting out of any SCIHRA e-mail newsletter you receive are included with each e-mail.
7. What kinds of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
SCIHRA Online has security measures, such as firewalls, in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your user data under our control. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, we take reasonable precautions to prevent such unfortunate occurrences. Any other particularly sensitive information, such as your credit card number, collected for a commerce transaction is encrypted prior to transmission.
You are ultimately responsible for the security of your SCIHRA member ID and password. You may not share your SCIHRA member ID and password with colleagues or friends so they can access content or features on SCIHRA Online that are restricted to SCIHRA members only. You should log out of your browser at the end of each computer session to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence, especially if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
8. How does SCIHRA Online use bulletin boards, discussion lists, and moderated chats?
This site makes bulletin boards, discussion lists, and moderated chats available to its members. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Although users may post messages that will appear on the message boards anonymously, SCIHRA does retain a record of who posts all notes.